Thursday, September 07, 2006

A Visit to JDS

Well, because we are all alone, Daniel (UChicago) and I visited our old school today. It was fun - we saw all (well, most) of our old teachers and a few students also. We disturbed Mr. Blank's class and made a bunch of young kids wonder what was going on, we corrected Mr. Buckley on trivial matters, (FDR was not the first president to run for a third term, he was just the first to succeed - I learned that in his class in 10th grade) and most importantly, we made a lot of people look at us and say, "wait...shouldn't you be in college or something by now?" No one believed that we quit college already to repeat high school.

My favorite moment was when a new teacher saw us in the halls and said "You guys shouldn't be wandering around, you need to be in class." We told her it was our free period.

And of course we went to JSA's first meeting of the year, where I made a whole bunch of kids think that I'm anti-Israel. I'm sorry, but if no one else will argue on behalf of Hezbollah in a Jewish school than I will have to do it myself.

So it was fun. We're also planning to visit UMD soon, and I'll report on that when it happens.

Until then, I can only imagine what it's like to actually be a student. 9 days....

No comments: