Monday, September 04, 2006

This Post Is Brought To You By The Letter D

Lauren, Matthew and Carmel all in a row…I had to break up all the “female posts.” Of course, I write again because it’s raining. Apparently, Ernesto has a brother named either Javier or Hector. All I can say is if this isn’t reason enough to crack down on illegal immigration from our south, then I don’t know what is. OK, enough with my (phony) sexist and racist comments.

I thought I’d write a completely fluff entry (kinda like Ben’s last one…JK…but seriously, no) about a phenomenon I haven’t realized until very recently. Here it goes—Everything in my college life is somehow related to my name “David” and, more specifically, the letter “D.” Now I know this seems a little egocentric, but what did you expect from a post written by me after drinking 3 cans of Nestea (mixed with Red Bull). Now before you exit this screen and check your facebook again, hear me out.

Number 1: I go to a school called Duke, which is in a city called Durham, whose mascot is a Devil.
Number 2: The most common first name among freshman guys is…David.
Number 3: I’m taking a class called Developmental Psychology (starts with D).
Number 4: All freshmen got special $50 Dining cards that can be used in the city of Durham (wait I already did Durham).
Number 5: Umm, there is no number five…but still that’s a lot of coincidences with “D,” right? Of course, this trend does not bode well for my semester grades.

OK, this was a pretty pointless entry but I promise I’ll be back in full force later this week with real information and maybe even a story that will bring a tear to your eye…but probably not. Until then, may the Crocodile Hunter rest in peace and apparently he didn’t go to UNC, so there is some good news too.

5 comments:

David (DUKE) said...

Great entry David. Kepp it up, man!

Ben (UMD) said...

Yes indeed, Kepp it up!

Ezra said...

Creepy Guy Says:

Yes, I know what you mean about the letter D. It's true. I sure think the letter D is cool. Yeah definitely.

New Fool said...

Creepy guy, where, they scare me. Be careful. I'm hiding, don't let him get me. Really what I have to say though is college can be real fun cause you do whatever you want and you don't have to worry about money either, hopefully. I'm looking to return to college real soon, I think dorm life is for me. The connections you get there, as well as what a wise man called the brotherhood of the weed.

But most of all, being welcomed. Feeling like there's a place where you fit in, that's what college is all about. Knowing that your classmates accept you no matter what, and no more of that high school garbage. Finding a place where love is all around. Fitting in is a very important thing, and I want it, and I want those who take my aspirations of friendship seriously. In college, you realize that everybody's the same, and you can accept that person who's different from you, and be friends. It's wonderful, and it goes on and on. So college, yes. Good evening everyone!

Ezra said...

Sure, return to college. Say a nice state, school, somewhere on the east coast...