Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Tradition

This past sunday I experienced my first Wellesley tradition. Actually it was my second (the first was jumping into the lake on our first night here, but that was more of an unofficial one). It was Flower Sunday, where I met my big sister, who gave me flowers, and then all big and little sisters went to the chapel for a mutlifaith service. Theme: stars. It was long and random. They had a dramatic reading of Twinkle Twinkle Little Star. Oh, traditions. I haven't really met or seen my big sister since then, even though she lives downstairs. I'm just too damn busy (and people keep telling me "oh, it'll get worse." Thanks!). But I now have flowers.

Our first frisbee tournament is on the 30th, at Yale. It's getting harder, especially after pilates/yoga in the morning when my abs and back hurt a lot. I thought that was supposed to be all relaxing and meditative... But anyway, since everyone is posting about their college's football victories and we don't have a football team, I'll post about our frisbee victories. Like how we kicked Brandeis and MIT ass.

Right now the work doesn't seem to be that much more than jds. Then again most people around me have to write papers every week and none of my classes require that so I sort of lucked out. Of course this means that I'll have 10 papers due next week since I wrote about it, but this is for the sake of the internet. Tubes! The only intense part is having math and women's studies tests on the same day.

This past weekend we had our first big on-campus party, Remix. There used to be something called Tower Court, which was a huge yearly party that everyone went to and anyone you talk to will know what it is. However, due to some problems that were completely blown out of proportion, it was cancelled. They had Remix this year, aka the party formerly known as Tower Court. There were boys!!! Actually, I stayed in the dorm, watched movies, talked, made origami and smores, and just hung out. At first I felt like a hermit, but then as people returned (within an hour of going to the party) I realized I spent my time well. It was nothing but very loud music and very drunk guys rubbing against very uncomfortable girls. Plus I got to meet many cool new people from my dorm. For future reference: if you are a man on the Wellesley campus, saying "you go to Wellesley, you know you want me!" will not get you very far. In fact, it will send to backwards toward the wall. Also getting drunk is stupid.

French verbs await.

No comments: