Thursday, September 14, 2006

Ultimate

Today was the first actual frisbee practice (there was one on tuesday, but it was more like "woo, flying discs!"). This is like... an actual sport. First of all, year-round training (outdoors then indoors then outdoors). And actual running and conditioning. 2-hour practices 3 times a week. It's quite awesome, if hard. I think we get some sort of PE credit for it, too.
School, on the other hand, is becoming crazy. It's only the end of the 2nd week, dammit. I have 2 tests on one day on the 28th (math and women's studies), and I'm basically teaching myself music theory for Jazz. I don't get calc II, I just hope I pass. And WOST, well, it's all theoretical so it's what you make of it. Plus work. I'm pretty much out of the room from 9-6 every day. But it's cool cause we just had practice so I'm all endorphin-happy.
Other things I've done lately include: joining the WRITE project, which matches us up with pen pals from a local elementary school (one hour a month to make a little kid happy? woot.) Last night we had our first Munger Tea, which was actually a lot of fun. The House President (HP) is pretty cool. There were cookies, and we were ladylike by playing Would You Rather. Hint: go straight to chapter 2.

Now I have laundry waiting to be dried. 2 loads!


ps: The pipes here are so loud. Last night (2am) we thought our upstairs neighbors were dropping desks. It's supposed to improve... Or at least out sleeping skills will.

No comments: