Thursday, October 12, 2006

MSU (Sucks), Pregaming, and A Little Surprise (Just Such A Good Week)

So last weekend was the Michigan - Michigan State weekend. It was also the weekend that my mom and aunt came to visit Ann Arbor and to see me on my birthday. Given what an important weekend it was, I was trying to figure out how to spend some time with my mom while spending time pregaming and going out. So this problem was solved when my mom and aunt were walking down Frat Row on game-day. Lets just say they got a taste of what we do on a game-day. The frats had live bands, there was some grilling going on, and as usual, lots and lots of beer.
After visiting some frats, I met up with my mom about an hour before the game started and we walked down to the stadium. Once inside, we found a couple of seats in the student section and watched Michigan beat MSU (thats right GO BLUE!!). She said she enjoyed the atmosphere (111,349 people all screaming), but the thing that blew her mind was when the Detroit Tigers score was announced and the cheer that followed. The cheer that followed the score was "Fuck the Yankees..." repeated many times. She commented that it's not that she doesnt agree with this, it was just that she had never heard that many people saying at once (I thought it was incredible).
The game ended and we walked back to campus. She had a good time and it was a good weekend.
Now comes the little surprise.
As I write this post, on Thursday October 12th, 2006, i am looking out my window and guess what, yea you guessed it, its snowing! It is the middle of October, and it is snowing!! This has been a great week becuase of the game, the weekend and it was topped off by snow, in mid October. So anyone who wants to get a taste of winter early on in the season, stop by michigan, ill show you a great time and you can get some snow!

3 comments:

Ezra said...

That offer goes for U of C also...we had snow this morning as well.

Matthew (Northwestern) said...

obviously, Northwestern similarly experienced the snow that hit U of C...I, for one, did not enjoy it though.

Ben (UMD) said...

JJ told me Detroit got it's earliest snow since 1909. Probably holds true for you guys as well (or close).