Sunday, August 27, 2006

Topics and Moving In

There are no real guidelines for this blog - my hope for it is just that it evolves however we want it to. My feeling is we'll start out just posting whatever pops into our minds to write about, and go from there. It doesn't have to be bound to any kind of theme. The posts could be about college, or crazy astronomers in the news, or that the Steelers can't seem to win a game in the preseason.

That said, I'm moving into UMD tomorrow. All packed and ready, should be an interesting transition. David (Duke) - who should never be confused with David Duke - is apparently already down in Durham, so he's gone through the process already. I talked to him a bit, and he said it was "really bizarre" because he'd met more people in a short amount of time than he probably had at any other point in his life. That said, he sounded like he was having fun, and said he went to a Durham Bulls game the other night.

We'll see how the first couple of days go. Classes start on Wednesday, the 30th, and before that UMD has planned all these social events to get people to meet each other. I suppose I'll go to some of those, and spend other time scoping out the campus and stores around there, so I know where I can go if I need anything.

If I'm not absolutely exhausted, I might write something up about how the move in went tomorrow. Until then...

1 comment:

Danny (Wesleyan) said...

I just realized how funny that David Duke thing is.